July 4, 2013
Good friends came to visit for the week of the 4th and introduced us to the perfect summer drink. Apparently, it’s one of the *hot* cocktails these days with many versions. We like this tart, thirst-cutting interpretation best. It’s satisfying and goes down very easily!
Paloma Cocktail – The Perfect Summer Drink
Yields … 1 serving
What’s in it …
1 oz silver tequila such as 1800 Silver (I don’t waste Petron on anything mixed)
11.15 fl oz can San Pellegrino Pompelmo (grapefruit) beverage
1/4-1/2 of a lime
This is how you pull it together …
• Fill a tall glass about 2/3 of the way with ice
• Add 1 jigger (1 – 1 1/2 oz) of tequila
• Squeeze a chunk of lime into the glass and drop the squeezed lime right in.
• Pour sparkling grapefruit beverage to about 1 inch below the rim of the glass.
• Garnish with more lime and salt, if desired (I don’t)
I’ve thought of adding a sprig of mint from the garden, but haven’t yet. Also, you could skip the tequila, I guess. But, why mess with perfection?